Questions to Ask When Considering a Clinical Trial
If you are considering participating in a clinical trial, here are some questions you may want to ask:
- What phase is this trial?
- What do we know right now about the treatment being tested and what is unknown?
- What is the purpose of the trial?
- What is the chance that this trial will benefit my child?
- What would my child’s treatment be if he/she does not participate in the trial?
- Are there extra tests my child would have to undergo if he/she participates in the trial?
- What will I or my insurance be charged for and what will the trial pay for during the trial?
- If my child gets sick or is hospitalized during the trial, who will pay for that?
- Is the trial randomized?
- Is there a placebo or blinding, or will I know what treatment my child is taking?
- Who is paying for the clinical trial research? Is it the company producing the drug?
- Does my child receive any type of financial reimbursement for participating in this trial?